Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 week ago

Am I safer than other women? ?

I'm 5'11, and I think I'll be safer walking alone at night since predators go for easy targets and obviously with my size, I am not. Do I still have to take the precautions that other women take? 

• Phil M
    5 days ago

Size doesn't make you any more safe. In fact, you may be more of a target to some. Be safe.

• It's better to be safer then sorry you know so it's best to be prepared for it then to think your prepared and find out your not I'm always trying to be prepared in my life I've experienced alot and as a result I'm always trying to prepare for everything and anything because I literally been through alot of hell that no one should experience for me I had to learn the hard way but hopefully you don't have too 

• hi
    1 week ago

Many women seem to think that being tall gives a person superpowers and makes him\her super strong and brave ..and for this reason they claim that they want so badly a tall man ..

Well, men don't view height in the same way ...I have seen boxing fights where the smaller guy ends up winning the battle ..Even if you go to YouTube you will find lots of street fights involving small and tall guys and it's not uncommon at all for the small guy to win the fight ...as a matter of fact, I think most of the time the smaller guy wins ..An article when comparing shorter and taller boxers concludes that "shorter boxers have an advantage in the close distance fighting. Also, their uppercuts and hooks are much more powerful and explosive, compared to the hooks and the uppercuts of the taller boxers."  ..Now, I don't see why won't this also apply when it comes to regular people who aren't boxers .

This happened in my city : About 2 months ago a 6 feet tall woman was running around her neighborhood at around noon when suddenly some man attempted to kidnap her and it looked like he was getting away with it but fortunately a male was walking around and he saw what was taking place and was able to scare that man away .

1 week ago

I've read about women 6 ft. tall being attacked. And men are not immune to it either.

• "Height will not stop you getting shot and killed."

Nooooo. My secret garden not so secret any more

• Murzy
    1 week ago

Always be aware of your surroundings.

1 week ago

Height will not stop you getting shot and killed. 

1 week ago

depends on where you are

1 week ago

??? Obviously, you'd probably be safer than someone who is 5', all other things being equal. But that's about it, your height won't be the deciding factor if you walk down the most dangerous streets you can find.