Jake
Jake asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 week ago

Was it a good or bad idea that the U.S.A got involved in the Vietnam War?

as a Canadian watching from the sidelines knowing that the US loves getting involved in wars I think having cost many lives of Veterans, and also the funding billions of dollars funding veterans and their benefits it came costly. Drafting, machinery, training etc...

I do think that had they not gotten involved, the rest of that part of the world would have turned into a communist area. Philippines could be invaded from the South going to the North, same with Japan. Then they could probably invade Australia and New Zealand. 

I think the Cheap Chinese and the silly Soviets knew that the U.S would retaliate if they tried. Yeah they took over Vietnam but they did not really try anything else after that. Almost the entire planet is against communism. U.S stands with the U.K against it 2 powerful nations

• I think we could have done without every war we've had since WW2..though South Korea does give us a good supply line (when coupled with Japan) if North Korea and China ever get aggressive..though that would likely go nuclear, unfortunately.

Vietnam and Iraq were a drain on life and resources for no real gain, and Afghanistan could have been handled through bombing and Special Ops.

• Nigel
    1 week ago

our people were at war, either stand with you brother or dont! rip to all the vets who died in NAM

• 1 week ago

According to the previous guy in the W.H, if you voluntary served in Nam you are a loser

• 1 week ago

Getting involved was not a bad idea but the execution was poorly done. 

Materialist atheistic Communism was one of the most destructive ideologies to ever gain dominance in human history. 

• Besides The Revolutionary War, The Vietnam War was about the only war Pat Buchanan ever supported.  Strangely enough, Bill Maher voiced support for the Vietnam War several years ago.  It was escalated under false pretenses & the only good that came from it was $ into the defense industry. 

1 week ago

I don’t think we did enough in the Vietnam War. No one deserves be be born under communism.