Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is better Utah or Colorado?

i dont know which one to choose, utah has nice scenery and lots of ski resorts, but i am worried they are too religious, and i like colorado too though

I have family in Colorado, but I have been to Utah as well. I think Colorado has more to offer, possibly due to more population. Both have great scenery. I also wonder about your career field. You might have more options, again, in Colorado. 

I don't know, I've never been to either of those states.

I like living in Colorado. There's lots to see and do here and interesting wildlife. The cost of living is manageable and there are better air connections out of Denver if you like to travel.

What do you want to do? Utah is not religious and outside of Salt Lake you wouldn’t think anything religious at all. Park City and the area around it is really nice. We did a one day old fashioned train trip with robbers even that was a lot of fun. There is a great distillery there with a fun restaurant.

If you’re liberal go to Colorado, if not go to Utah.

They're both large states with plenty of variety to be found within their borders. Some parts of Colorado are more scenic and safer than some parts of Utah, but in other instances the opposite is true. Colorado has a larger population, so it's got everything that comes along with having more people - some good, some bad. Utah has fewer people, so they have everything that comes along with having a smaller population - some good, some bad. Personally, I would take Colorado over Utah any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Utah is antiseptic and boring. Colorado has some really rough places, poor places, dangerous places, and boring places, but while I'd never live in a place like Pueblo or Greeley, there are some lovely towns in the Denver Metro Area. Utah is a nice place to visit, but not a great place to live.