Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

K asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Was the doctor out of line?

I purchased a 20 unit botox at a new clinic. I thought I was getting just the 20 units, but when I went in, the doctor suggested a total of 70 units ($8 units each) and since I already paid for the 20 units through Groupon, I was going to end up paying additional $400 for the rest of those 50 units. I didn't anticipate to pay that much, but as a first time customer, I was given a discount on that $400 so I paid $368 plus the $120 through Groupon. I never get 70 units as I'm 37 years old, but I went along with what the doctor said. However, I must mention that I have nice full natural lips that I always get complimented on by men lol so I was surprised that I went in for my botox, yet when the doc met me he says "so what are we doing besides botox? your lips!" I was startled as I never even considered to do my lips, so I told him that I like my lips, then he proceeded to tell me that I have nice definition to them but an injection would enhance it more. I didn't like the suggestion since I've never been told by other doctors to get my lips injected so I felt a bit offended...Im not sure if im looking more into this than I should or if the doc was not ethical in some way to suggest the injection even when I made it clear that I like my lips?

he is not one of your friends, he was being a salesman and upselling stuff to you that you dont need and you were stupid enough to buy it

WTF is wrong with you?  This is clearly so damn unethical.  You are enabling this doctor to take advantage of you AND you are also stupid enough to allow someone who by all descriptions doesn't give a cr@p what or how much he injects into you to do whatever he pleases.  Like seriously, how stupid are you?!

Yes, the doctor was unethical.  You're obviously mentally ill, and he was preying on you.  Find a good therapist before you go bankrupt or kill yourself.  Also, you can file a complaint against the doctor.  

It’s not an ethical matter at all. He is being a salesman. You can firmly refuse.  But that is sort of what a Groupon does: brings you in for a discount and they can try and sell more.  I will add, 20 units of Botox isnt a lot as 3 to 4 plus are per single injection

Source(s): PA

The whole purpose of Groupon coupons is to get customers in so they spend more money. You shouldn't have been surprised at that. This doctor was fairly aggressive in trying to drum up business, and he shouldn't have tried to make you feel bad about your lips, but don't take it personally. What I don't understand is why you paid for 70 units of Botox, but didn't get them. You should definitely demand your money back, and threaten to sue. 

• Eva

He's just trying to make a buck. He figures anyone that wants Botox is a bit vain and possibly insecure about their looks, and he uses that to talk them into other expensive procedures.  Don't let him talk you into anything you don't want to do.  I'm not sure you want to use him as your doctor. A doctor that advertises on Groupon sounds a little fishy to begin with.

He may be unethical but you are the one that has the final say and for all you know he may be telling you the truth you have to depend on your own judgement, sad to say we are swayed too easily.