Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Can you get a DNA test without the man knowing it’s you? ?

so basically what I’m saying is I have two potential people than can be the father and I don’t want either to know I’m pregnant unless they are for sure the dad so can I request a DNA test or however they do it but they just not know it’s coming from me unless it’s the father? 

• Rita

You can do paternity testing without the father if he's not willing to test, as long as the requirement for legal consent for a minor child and other participants is still met.

• ?

No. Wait until the baby is born and see who it looks like. At that point, you can file with the courts to get a DNA test. The father should be held responsible for financial support of the baby. 

Impossible.  Utterly, physically and legally impossible to do.  You have the legal right to ask each person to submit to a DNA test, but they will have to know its you making the request.  That's the way it works.  Sorry.

• Andy C

The man to whom you refer is a collection of marketing firms.   No Big Brother; just Verizon,  Google,  Comcast,  etc.

You sign away your privacy nearly every day.

That would require a Court Order and you would have to have a very good reason for the Court to order a DNA test but keep your name unknown to them.  

You would be better off asking each one to submit to a DNA Test.  You were obviously "adult" enough to have unprotected sex with both of them.  So now it is time to be enough of an "adult" and talk to them about the possible result of your actions.  

However, you won't be able to have the DNA test done until the baby is born.  You could do it earlier but it will be a significantly higher cost.

ask your doctor about it