Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Did I get scammed ? ?

Hello I would like advice . I needed a car so bad so I went to the dealer with fair credit and told me that I approved for one specific car only . I didn’t really like it but he told me I could pay 6months of payments and I could come back & get the vehicle that i actually wanted . the dealer gave me 18.2 % interest and the car is only 17,00 but with interest it’s 21,000 more . Is it possible to do this or I got scammed ? I feel so stupid 🥺 please I need advice I don’t want to be stuck with a car I didn’t want in the first place and paying that much money for it 😔 am I stuck with this car ??? 

Attachment image

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The dealer saw you coming.  You sound like you are scamable and desperate.  You should have gotten a $1000 beater, then saved up for a year or two for a $5000 car.  One car? REALLY?  You set your self up!!

• 1 month ago

Some car dealers are notorious for fleecing customers and, unfortunately, you've fallen victim to one of them. As long as you've willingly signed the contract, you're stuck with the deal. 

• 1 month ago

It's not necessarily a scam, but it's really a BAD DEAL.  Go elsewhere, try some other dealer. They are killing you with the interest and payment options. 

• 1 month ago

I went to the dealer with fair credit and told me that I approved for one specific car only.

There is not an ACTUAL dealer on the planet that makes that claim.

I didn’t really like it but he told me I could pay 6months of payments and I could come back & get the vehicle that i actually wanted.

That is GUARANTEED to be a FLAT OUT LIE.

the dealer gave me 18.2 % interest

NOW I see what happened. You went to a "buy here pay here" company that RENTS cars under the guise of selling to people they EXPECT to default.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Have you signed a purchase contract ? If so, you are obligated to the conditions in the contract.

If you have not signed such a contract, then walk, no, RUN away, as that is utter bullsh*t from that deceptive sales-thief.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

To trade it on  different car will cost you a lot MOR money.  Not scrammed, but not a good decision.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

An 18.2% interest rate is ridiculously high. You're never going to get that paid off.  You didn't need to buy a 17k car either.  You should have walked away.

• 1 month ago

If you signed a contract then you are stuck with what the CONTRACT says, not what the guy said. 

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Walk away, he saw you coming as a sucker.

Try somewhere else.

• 1 month ago

SHOP AROUND. This sounds like a scam deal.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.