Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Sassy
Sassy asked in Social ScienceDream Interpretation · 2 months ago

How do you let go of a dream of having kids?

I'm 41 years old (will be 42 in the end of March) and I'm not in a relationship right now. 

I don't drive so how would get the child to the doctor or to school?

Yes I'm a woman 

To user WinterRose: My ex boyfriend and I were trying to have a baby before we broke up. We were going through fertility tests and treatments.

I don't think you have to let go of the dream.

If you're committed to having kids and are in a good place financially/mentally, you could consider adoption. You don't need to be part of a couple to raise kids, although it would likely make things easier. Still, there are a lot of single parents out there kicking ***! You could be one of them, to a child that really needs a home. :)

There's also foster care if you're unsure if you want to fully commit to adoption. Or, if you wanted to have a biological connection to your child, you could get a sperm donor (assuming you're a woman). Lots of options!

You start thinking about adopting one. 

It is unlikely but possible for women to have kids in their 40s. At age 40, a woman's odds of conceiving after 3 months of trying are around 7 percent.

Men can have kids no matter their age.

• Robin

You can adopt some unfortunate children