Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 2 months ago

Should I buy gamestop again?

I bought 9 shares of gamestop at 321.70, but after it crashed I lot faith and panic sold at 62.20, at first it seemed I made the right choice, even though it was a huge loss for me, because it continued to fall down close to 40, but now its on the rise again, and I am wondering, if I buy today will it offset some my losses?

I can't tell you whether or not to buy GME again but what I can tell you is you don't need to recover losses the same way you lost them.  So I sold AAPL at a loss and then made it back with interest by buying something else and it only took 4 trading days from entry in order to do it. 

Take a look around don't rush.

• As the buck always rests with the trader, nobody can decide except the trader themselves; one thing to note is that good risk management is key – keep that under tight control, especially with such volatile situations.

We have AvaTradeTV where I work, and we discuss stocks on a daily basis; I invite you to join us here: https://ava.trade/wqqMichaelCommunity Manager at AvaTrade

No go to one of the Cryptos you see rising let it sit a few days then try again with something else. That's usually how I get it back to even but it takes a few days. I just lost 25 percent of my money today on Gamestop not chancing it again it makes me nervous. I am glad I had a stop loss thing on there or I probably would have been down to like 325 from 600. 

• Steve

You sound a lot like a true gambler with a problem always looking to try to recoup what you lost. In my opinion, what is going on with game stop is a fluke. A fluke that is being driven by people who want to play, but have no real direction. Its too risky in my opinion. I think the only real life act that can get gamestop to gain real and not artificial interest would be a takeover or sell, but whod buy the company at this price? No one was a buyer at $3. Why would they want it at $150 or whatever it is now? This might yoyo for a bit longer, but its a gamble for real. Id move on and find something solid to buy.

You've got to be retarded to want to own part of a company that is going the way of blockbuster and only has $5 per share worth of assets leftover for shareholders should it go bankrupt. You clearly do not understand the definition of overpriced garbage. 

Are you trying to be an idiot or are you trolling?

Reported.

You're askin people on YA for advice about spending your money ... nuff sed

You need to buy while it's low and sell while it's high.  If I knew for certain which stocks would increase in value, I wouldn't be wasting time here.  I am willing to say that I believe that any gains in GME stock would be short-term.  With digital game sales sometimes being 90% off, the physical game market is limited at best.  In short, it's a gamble and up to you.  

Do you have any more money to lose? Seriously, unless you follow multiple stocks daily, or hire a broker to buy and sell for you, the whole thing is a gamble.