Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

I am feeling very unmotivated, what do I do?

I am a sophomore in an IB high school, for about a month and a half I've felt so lazy and unmotivated. I have multiple F's, I am cheating on every test and assignment I have, and I feel so tired all of the time. My father is very strict and constantly reprimands me for my poor performance. I don't know how to explain it to him because I don't know why I am acting like this either. He takes away my phone, but it doesn't help because I am barely ever on it anymore. I've just been on my computer really just doing nothing. My school counselor is going to contact me today and I don't know what to say to her. I've been really upset since I lost my dog in December and my best friend of 6 years unfriended me, and a guy I was talking to was also talking to another girl at the same time. It feels like nothing ever goes my way and I just don't know what to do. I don't know how to be motivated to do my assignments, I don't know how to stop turning them in late, and I am really worried about upcoming exams. I have learned nothing this year, I'm literally screwed. I have no friends anymore and I'm constantly either sleeping in to 12 to 13 hours or sleeping like 3-5 hours. Either way, I feel so exhausted. I am also in ballet and colorguard and I have not been motivated at all to even practice. I also like to draw and I haven't even been keeping up with it, I have no motivation to do so. I think I should see a psychologist, but I feel like my father will just get mad at me.

I suggest that you exercise regularly and read motivational books and always pursue goals and enjoy achieving your goals.

ll too often, people become unmotivated because they have set themselves unrealistic goals and have excessive expectations. Discover the

• Newman

You are suffering like many in the world now from loneliness and isolation. Get a big soft toy like a dog or cat or panda, and cuddle it and imagine it is your pet, your friend, your study buddy. Talk to it, cry into it and hug it, sleep with it beside you. Imagine it will talk to you and urge you to do things like "we are in it together" "never give up" "time to do your assignments now" "love you"

It sounds like you have depression.  I would tell your school that you are depressed and need psychological help.  This way they can tell your parents if you are too afraid to tell them.  If your parents do not get you help you can then go to the local hospital and tell them you are depressed and need some help.  They will then contact your parents and make the arrangements to get you help.  You probably will feel better after being on the right antidepressant.  Get out daily and get some sun as well. You can have winter depression from being inside all the time and not getting enough vitamin D.  

• ?

We often get questions here from people who want professional help but their parents are not willing to let them get help.

• hart

fatigue syndrome "B Vitamins" will help

Don't worry dear friend......

Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen"Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great." John D. RockefellerFOR Good Sleep listen to music https://bit.ly/3iYlqM1

• Aaron

what I regret most so far is that I shouldn't have spend the chief of my time wasting meaningless things ,such as my laze eyes ,I want to say that you need to value your time that you own ,otherwise ,you will regret it sooner or later ,I hope that you can heed my advice and don't dream away most of your precious time ,I have always thought that as long as you struggle for your ideals from a young age ,I think that it's not hard to make millions of dollars in one year ,Now most of us spend the bulk of time on useless things ,such as games ,

I want to cite my example to show how important time is ,I once spent 14 years thinking about my mild lazy eyes ,as a matter of fact ,I always struggled for my goals in the past many years ,but no positive progress had been made ,Going over this in my head  distracted me from achieving my goals ,although I have focused my attention on my goals now,it's grueling to fulfill my goals step by step ,because I need to do these things after I get home from work ,what's more ,my current job doesn't pay well,I just keep my head above water , 

Sounds like it is time for a career change. If you can’t work up any enthusiasm for what you are doing then find something you can get enthused about.

Nothing is worse than getting up day after day and going to a job yo neither like nor are interested in. Check around and look at where you interests lie or what you would like to do. Check what it will mean to make the change and decide if it is worth it taking more classes or possibly making less money for awhile until you get settled

in the new field.

Good luck.

• ?