Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Houdini asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Terrorism in the US: which group (below) presents the immediate problem with the most dangerous consequences?

You can list them in order of "dangerousness" if you wish. 

A) Black Lives Matter

B) Anti-Semites

C) Muslims

D) White Supremacists

E) Anti-Fa

F) Another Group not listed here

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

BLM, ANTIFA, Radical Islamic Fundamentalism, Anti-Semites, radical Right-Wing extremism 

BLM thrives on violent or at least in-your- face confrontation. Any perceived attack on Blacks by police for the sake of simply attacking Blacks (always perceived) sets them off. They don't engage in any discussion or dialog with authorities to find a rational resolutions to the issues. ANTIFA has been conditioned (brainwashed) to believe "Fascists" are the biggest threat to the country. They event come armed with clubs, shields and such to do street battle with any Fascist group they hear about. This when the "Fascists" in question don't throw the first punch or throw the first rock, it's ANTIFA who does. The "Fascists" often don't shy away from retaliating though. They may even welcome the chance to do so. But they're seldom the instigators and would just make noise even confrontational noise until the protest is over. They then fade away for a few years until they have a beef about something again.ANTIFA on the other hand, if they don't have "Fascists" to rail against, they invent them in their minds. Resulting in vandalism or violence against people on the street.There were 6 radical Islamic Fundamentalist attacks (sometimes bombings) outside the US in 2020, Two already this year. They are still a big threat to the US.  Anti-Semites, while could be lumped in with radical Islamic Fundamentalist is more of a problem overseas but little problem here. Any incidents in the US is just rolled into other causes of one-off random murders or assault, but are seldom the main source of the murder or attack.What little violent Right-Wing extremism there has been over the last few years as been almost completely in response to ANTIFA. The Capitol protest/riot on 1/6 was a one-off anomaly based in perceptions of voter fraud blown way out of proportion.Anti-Semites, while could be lumped in with radical Islamic Fundamentalist is more of a problem overseas but little problem here. Any incidents in the US is just rolled into other causes of one-off murders or assault. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

BLM protests have accounted for the highest death toll and highest property damage in the U.S. but Antifa is not far behind. Both Antifa and BLM riots have been going on continually with no end in sight.  They have become so common, they often don’t even receive national news coverage anymore.   

Muslim terrorism and crime has been a big problem in some European countries, but not so much in the U.S.   

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's not good form for us to allow Antifa and The Proud Boys to brawl in the streets, or punish one side over the other, but ultimately they are political street gangs.

In my area of the world, we have some Muslims, who basically go to work, shopping, and mosque...that's it.

Certain White Supremacist (and *non-white* Supremacist) groups *are* terroristic.  They are a rarity in my part of the world...even rarer for them to actually *do* anything.

Anti-Semites often fall in the White Supremacy category.

Currently, even though it's not happening here at present, I'm  disturbed by attacks on Elderly (and sometimes female) Asians.

Mostly, terrorism within the US is rare.

BLM...I wouldn't consider a terrorist movement, but the protest last Summer were ugly and destructive, while accomplishing  absolutely nothing.

I think the Pandemic is a pressure cooker of sorts..bringing out the worst in people sometimes.

My next point:  Of all the things you listed..I think we need to get law enforcement in check.  Their jobs aren't to "herd and harass citizens, and execute if deemed necessary."

• KillaZ
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

D, B, E, A

C is too broad.  Christian extremists have done more damage in the US than muslims recently.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • FitWit
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

trumpers are the most dangerous. No other group has proven themselves brazen enough to actually attack our nation directly and openly kill police officers in their attacks.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

How are we defining "dangerous" is it by the amount of times they have committed crimes including murder? Or the amount of times they rioted? Because it is probably the blacks, wherever they are

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

F) - Black males, who commit over 50% of all murders in this country, and who commit violent crimes at significantly higher rates than any other demographic.

• Leo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The group that attacked the capitol.  I don't recall what their political leanings are.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.