Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Brandon asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

how can i stop reliving traumatic events?

most of the time it haunts me at night and when i'm alone

• Rita

It takes practice and dedication to stop ruminating, but doing so will help you feel better and behave more productively.

Recognize when it's happening. ...

Look for solutions. ...

Set aside time to think. ...

Distract yourself. ...

Practice mindfulness.

I am so sorry hearing this. But, you can be sure that this will not last forever. The article below explains.

https://www.jw.org/finder?docid=102001603&prefer=l...

You will be ok. I wish well.

Aside from therapy, which you probably need, there are self-help methods. This has details -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqEM_jlDRZI

• Andy C

See a therapist and figure out what you can do differently to stop being assaulted by memories past.

Trauma therapy is the only option that's going to make any difference. I'm dealing with PTSD after being raped but the NHS in my area do not provide trauma therapy and I'm getting worse, not better. They have me on antidepressants, high dose antipsychotics and beta blockers but I'm tortured by hallucinations, nightmares, flashbacks, panic attacks and insomnia. I can't afford therapy and attempted suicide a couple of weeks ago. Please get therapy if you can as you aren't going to magically get better without treatment.