Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 month ago

Took two screws out of my tumble dryer behind the door but they won't go back in, what shall I do?

It works but the screws just fall out when I try and screw them into the 4kg machine.

Update:

It is like they were screwed into something that moved out of place when they were taken out.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Travel back in time and don't remove them

• 1 month ago

You lost your clip nut. Without it, screw can't thread into anything. Look for something that looks like image.

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

Holes may be be alligned. If they are then spray ND40 and see it goes in. 

If threads are gone then try big screws.

• Dixon
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why?                       

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Funnel
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

The screw holes are wallowed out. Use the next size up screws with lock washers.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Find the internal part that actually has the holes threaded for the screws and line it up so you can get at least one screw in. Put the first screw in partially so you have a rough placement and shift things around to line up the other hole. Then you can adjust and tighten them both.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Try on a day when you are sober.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The holes are likely not aligned. 

• T C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Thinking it could be to the door switch...

If so, you may have to pop the top to hold on and align the switch to replace the screws ((WITH THE DRYER UNPLUGGED))    

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

just pay someone to fix them

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.