Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What are some tips you can give to make coffee hotter in an automated drip maker?

Does changing the water temperature of the water you use for the brew make a difference, for instance? What about brewing more or using more filters?

Thanks.

PS I use cold water every time for like 2 to 4 cups, and it never gets hot enough. What am I doing wrong? It's a Mr. Coffee I bought in 2020.

PROBLEM SOLVED! I did some research. All I had to do was use warm water in the sink and mildy heat it until it gets hot, then use that to brew. It's not so much that it ended up hotter, but the flavors were properly extracted because it was BREWED hotter. I mildy heated it for about 48 seconds in a high power microwave. The coffee tastes amazing!

I WOULD NOT recommend using piping hot water (like boiling or around boiling), but just your average hot water worked oerfectly for me. It MIGHT NOT work in every coffee maker, so I would do your research and use your own discretion.

Thanks everybody!

• donnie

Put it into the microwave in a microwave safe cup

• Hope!

I get what you are saying! Drip coffee makers don't make a good hot cup of coffee! I don't think you can put hot water in the machine, though.. as that might damage it.. the only real thing I can suggest is to heat your coffee cup, that's what I do.. when you pour your coffee into a cold cup, you are cooling it down even more.. but by heating the cup, you are not losing any heat.. that's all I have..