Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

Why does my cat get paranoid over strangers?

Whenever somebody who she doesn't recognize enters the property she gets paranoid and starts acting strange. Why is this? She doesn't want pets or anything.

• ?

Strange humans are potential threats and dangers. I have 3 cats. The neutered male is was very young and feral when he was rescued. He is VERY quiet and very cautious buy his now a large cat, probably 21 pounds. When anyone comes in my apartment. including maintenance, he hides, probably under the bed. I didn't know until recently he has a tenor or alto  voice. He doesn't meow much, which is normal federal cats.

Try getting down on the floor so your eyes are at the same level as a cats eyes. It's a BIG scary world. A strange human is a big, potentially dangerous and unpredictable  threat. 

• Maxi

Sounds like your cat is shy, fearful, unsocialised........ my cat is completely the opposite she thinks that every human who comes in loves cats and are just there to pet her and if they sit down then it is an invitation to sit on their knee... she also thinks any dog is also there for her and thinks they are all cat friendly

Who the hecks knows.