Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Best CPU for beginner 3D modeling/rendering and animation?

Hello, I’m a beginner but looking to get into 3D modeling, rendering and potentially a bit of animation as well. I plan on trying out Blender as well as ZBrush to start and maybe learning Maya eventually too. I’m currently building a PC and hoping I can make one with these capabilities as well as one I can use for gaming and streaming. I’m looking into shopping for a CPU at the moment and considering the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X. Would this be a good choice? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

just read the information at the link below.

That's not bad, but faster and more cores would be better still - it depends what you can afford.

Look at the Passmark ratings for any CPU you consider; stick with the Ryzen series but also look at Ryzen 7 or Ryzen 9 ones.

The Ryzen 5 5600X scores 22182

eg. A Ryzen 9 3900 scores 30941, almost 50% faster, for probably about $60 more.

Anything above that, the price goes up faster than the performance.

(And ignore anyone who says you do not need many cores for gaming - I have a 16 core Ryzen 9 3950X and can state as a fact games use them!).

Don't forget you you need a good GPU as well.