Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Should cheaters get second chances? ?

In my book, once a cheater, always a cheater. I think second chances belong to people who did something on accident. Like hit a car. But I don't think you should get a second chance for actively cheating on someone, the way you shouldn't get a second chance for hitting a car and then running away. You knew doing something was bad and chose to do it anyway.

Never, they are trash 

Cheater always cheat

I think men should get a second chance as you have to understand it’s our instinct to pursue women, but women shouldn’t as that is just wrong 

• ?

Depends on you if you want to give him a second chance for whatever reason. Just know that its likely he will cheat again. If he was honest, felt truly sorry for what he did and didn't lie about it then maybe.

If he lied and tried to make excuses no because he only telling you now because he got caught the rest is fake. Base 

• ?

If they were honest about it then that shows remorse and that they know they did wrong. If they tried to hide it then it shows they are untrustworthy and might do it again or something different like hiding poor financial decisions for example. 

I know of one couple where she thought his husband was a doctor and paying of the mortgage but it turned out he'd been fired and then spending every day in the pub. Ultimately they lost their house and now she is single and finds it hard to trust anyone.

• ?

A cheater would never get a second chance with me. taking them back is like telling them it was ok, and in time they do it again, thinking they will get another chance.

In my experience, if they did it once they'll do it again.  And again.  But since I haven't dated everybody, maybe there are exceptions.

It's funny that you mention accidents, because that's the excuse most cheaters try to use when they get busted.  They made a mistake, one mistake.

I've had sex with never mind how many partners.  I played in a rock band for years, and I wasn't doing it for the money if you know what I mean.  And never, not even once, have I stopped in the midst of sex and said "wait a minute, how did I end up doing this".  Every single time I've had sex, I did it knowingly and on purpose like.  I can't imagine ever having accidental sex with someone.

It depends on the relationship and what happened. Personally, I could forgive cheating a lot easier than lying. 

No, but they often do... which really circles around back to how they had more than one option.

I'm 39 and have never had a girlfriend.

Those who get it or who have it have it and get it.

You talk about the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer and that certainly applies to all aspects of being human in this crazy world.

It's just not fun for some and totally a party for others that is decided by evil. 

• ?

Why? So they can cheat again?

• Tasm

If you don't give them a second chance if they want it, then what are you left with, if you have all your finances, kids, etc wrapped up with the other person?