Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 1 month ago

You know those RC jet planes? Why doesn't someone just make one of those, but big enough to fit a person in it? ?

Boom... you have yourself you own personal jet. 

If you want a BOOM, build a hydrogen filled dirigible.

Bede 5

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bede_BD-5 

All you need is $$ 💸 💰

• ?

People have - it seems like a really fun (and expensive) way to die.

Plus, once you get big enough (and depending on where you live), you may have to register the plane in order to operate it (even if it is just an RC/drone).

• fuzzy

there is an ex French Airforce pilot who has done it. Google Yves Rossi

Thanks for posting and reminding me how fortunate I am not to be an idiot. 

You mean that this concept of making planes big enough for people to fly in is *new*?

Seriously?

How massively ignorant are you?

As soon as someone is inside a plane, different rules apply. And certification is mandated.

There are those who build "experimental aircraft" that are jet powered.

The term "home built" or self constructed is more applicable.

While there is a cost savings when building your own. But they still have to be inspected and constructed to met FAA requirements. The design also has to be approved. Interestingly there are companies who provide all that is needed for such products.

Also it takes a pilots license which is not cheap to obtain.

• Zack

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to ride in a plane controlled by someone on the ground with a controller, and I don't think must other people would either.

• ?

If you want to trust your life to a glorified toy, be my guest.

It has to be FAA certified if there is a person on it.