Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 1 month ago

You know those RC jet planes? Why doesn't someone just make one of those, but big enough to fit a person in it? ?

Boom... you have yourself you own personal jet. 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you want a BOOM, build a hydrogen filled dirigible.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Bede 5

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bede_BD-5 

All you need is $$ 💸 💰

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

People have - it seems like a really fun (and expensive) way to die.

Plus, once you get big enough (and depending on where you live), you may have to register the plane in order to operate it (even if it is just an RC/drone).

• fuzzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

there is an ex French Airforce pilot who has done it. Google Yves Rossi

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Thanks for posting and reminding me how fortunate I am not to be an idiot. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You mean that this concept of making planes big enough for people to fly in is *new*?

Seriously?

How massively ignorant are you?

As soon as someone is inside a plane, different rules apply. And certification is mandated.

• 1 month ago

There are those who build "experimental aircraft" that are jet powered.

The term "home built" or self constructed is more applicable.

While there is a cost savings when building your own. But they still have to be inspected and constructed to met FAA requirements. The design also has to be approved. Interestingly there are companies who provide all that is needed for such products.

Also it takes a pilots license which is not cheap to obtain.

• Zack
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to ride in a plane controlled by someone on the ground with a controller, and I don't think must other people would either.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you want to trust your life to a glorified toy, be my guest.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It has to be FAA certified if there is a person on it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.