Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicHoroscopes · 1 month ago

Could dating someone the same sign as you help you understand yourself a little better?

If the two of you have similar traits? 

• Janet

Not really, because your "zodiac Sign" (actually, ONLY your Sun sign) is ONLY 2% of your entire astrological birthchart .. which is unique to you alone and no two people are astrologically identical.

There is just too much difference between any two people with the same Sun sign to draw any solid conclusions.

Yes, Sun signs are easy to find .. so they are an easy gimmick for writers to make money writing about them for people who don't understand astrology.  But Sun sign astrology is not real astrology   it is about as much "you" as your little finger indicates your physical appearance. Just too little information to create a good "picture" of the individual personality.

"Don’t know of a way comparing the individual intelligence of astrologers. Can this be determined by examining the websites. "

What about your intelligence?  How can we compare that to others?  Do you have a website?  What are your qualifications for making snarky remarks and trying them to pass them off as intelligence? 

PS The late Debbie Kempton Smith, an astrologer, was also a member of MENSA.  Think your IQ is in the top 2% like hers? 

"Astrology knows nothing."

Actually you know nothing about astrology, so you're the joke. 

Putting aside the misconception that Sun signs are all we need, most people wouldn't recognize themselves in a documentary about their life.  Looking at someone else, particularly in a romantic relationship where we gloss over the other person's faults,   is very unlikely to produce much self knowledge.  We just aren't objective about ourselves.  It's human nature.  

Smart astrologers don't bother delineating their natal charts or if they do, they are skeptical.  Once a famous astrologer, a real one, spotted something in my chart and mentioned it to me.  I dismissed it.  I just couldn't see that what the astrologer was telling me had all that much validity.  Years later I realized the astrologer was on the money.  My blindness certainly, but also an example of how utterly non-objective we are about ourselves. It's human nature.

Socrates said "The unexamined life is not worth living."  I don't know about "not worth living" but he was right about the importance of self-knowledge. There are better ways to gain that than dating.  Correcting the illiterate Chain Lightning groupie:>Totally anecdotal. <Never said it wasn't.  It was an example.  Now go look up that word.>Don’t know of a way comparing the individual intelligence of astrologers<.That isn't the only thing you don't know.  IQ tests determine individual intelligence.  Skill levels and knowledge are something else.  Do you check the IQs of doctors you hire?  You make no sense at all.>Can this be determined by examining the websites.<Dumb beyond belief.>Being famous means one thing for sure, they are going to have the highest rates. People are not looking to spend money. Does being "famous and real" automatically mean they are the best? <Straw man and illiterate at that.  I paid nothing.  I know people - smart people.  No one said the astrologer I mentioned was "the best".  My point was that it wasn't a store front astrologer. Reading comprehension is a tough subject for you, too?  Eh? 

>Which answer in the entertainment section do you accept? Are we better than a professional astrologer? <We??????  LOLOLOLOLOL.  The rankest beginner knows more astrology than you do, but you think ignorance is a qualification for skepticism.  Let's see,  are you a scientist?  Are you intelligent?  How intelligent??  Are you the best?  No, you're a joke 

>What do you really know about astrology? Out of the many types, which has evidence of being true? Was astrology even introduced as part of your education? <I've forgotten more astrology than you'll ever know.  I've asked you to provide the "many types" the Chain Lightning group claims are out there (it's a long term talking point) and you can't name any. I didn't stop learning after I finished college ("A" in astronomy). You never started.  Prejudices are not a sign of intelligence.  

>Is there any science behind astrology?<Any?  Every heard of astronomy?>Globes of gas and rock, millions of miles away, programmed every human on earth.<Are you stating this as a fact that astrologers accept and are taught, or are you making up another strawman?  Learn to write. >On an individual basis, making us programmed robots.<Sentence fragment.  A sixth grade English teacher would nail you on this, Mr. Education.  Learn to write.>Only those that are specially educated can tell you how to act and pick your relationships. With a calendar. <More sentence fragments.  Finish the 8th grade?  Straw man arguments are something of a specialty with clowns like you.  All this proves is that you don't know any astrology. See Gauquelin's work for the science, and while you're at it, give us the scientific evidence that science is the final arbiter of all truth.  Hint: it doesn't exist.  Your "education" taught you to worship things you don't understand. Try understanding something, anything - English would be a good start. It will set you free. 

>Smart astrologers don't bother delineating their natal charts or if they do, they are skeptical. Once a famous astrologer, a real one, spotted something in my chart and mentioned it to me. I dismissed it. I just couldn't see that what the astrologer was telling me had all that much validity. Years later I realized the astrologer was on the money. <

Totally anecdotal. Don’t know of a way comparing the individual intelligence of astrologers. Can this be determined by examining the websites. Being famous means one thing for sure, they are going to have the highest rates. People are not looking to spend money. Does being "famous and real" automatically mean they are the best?

Which answer in the entertainment section do you accept? Are we better than a professional astrologer? 

What do you really know about astrology? Out of the many types, which has evidence of being true? Was astrology even introduced as part of your education?

Is there any science behind astrology? Globes of gas and rock, millions of miles away, programmed every human on earth. On an individual basis, making us programmed robots. Only those that are specially educated can tell you how to act and pick your relationships. With a calendar. 

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Some people don't even understand themselves. Also, two people with the same sun sign are not always similar. They can be very different from each other.

me and my best friend are Aries and I think it could for friends, maybe in a relationship too!