Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why do some people insist on feeding their cat a vegan diet when it is not good for them?

Hello,

I know many vegans insist on keep their cats on vegan food. Veterinarians have been screaming at the top of their lungs that cats can not digest plant food very well and keeping cats on a vegan diet amounts to animal cruelty. It severely reduces their lifespan and causes damage to their hearts. Yet, some thick headed vegans can't seem to get the message? Why is that?

https://www.aspca.org/news/why-cant-my-cat-be-vega...

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200304-can-yo...

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 days ago

Because vegans are dumb 

Source(s): The plants told me
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I have a friend who is a vegan and she feeds her cats raw meat.

• 1 month ago

People who feed dogs or cats a vegetarian not vegan diet should be charged with animal cruelty.   They are carnivores and need meat.

A vegan diet isn't even healthy for humans.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Veganism will kill a cat. If someone wants to force their dog or cat to be vegan, because of some sinister agenda, then they should never have a cat or a dog. I have a pet cat. And I would never force her on to a vegan diet (not even vegetarian). I'm a straight man, and I also am a meat eater. I won't even go vegetarian or vegan.

I think these radical vegans need a lesson in respect, facing the barrel of a paintball gun aimed at their groin!😂😂😂😂😂!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I have a friend who is a vegan and she feeds her cats raw meat.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

"I know many vegans insist on keep their cats on vegan food."

Well if you really want to know why, go ask all these people you supposedly know who feed their cats a vegan diet.

I'll bet that "many" is close to none.

• 1 month ago

I am vegan, but I would never try to feed my cats a vegan diet. It would be so bad for them. They need specific amino acids that have to come from animal products or their diet could adversely effect their heart.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You are correct.

Cats need MEAT in their diet .. or they will go blind

unlike a dog who could live on a well balanced 'vegetarian' diet

but, again, NOT a 'vegan' one !

• 1 month ago

I have cats, and the only meat |I have in my house is for them. I'd rather not, but while dogs will eat almost anything, as things are cats do seem to need meat. To each his own, of course. I can't really answer your question. Sorry to waste your time!

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Those people should be charged with animal cruelty. Cats Need meat. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.