Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Can I send her this as a voice message? ?

"You know the apology and explanation I sent I understand it might take some time to accept and everything but, if I give you a ring in a few weeks can I talk to you please? I feel really sad about all this, and there's some things i really need to get off my chest"

She has refused to talk to me for months now. She didn't respond to my recent apology and explanation, even though i said i hope she would after some time and space, i recently realised i can't keep waiting because it is badly affecting my mental health. My apology was very long, but i can't handle this uncertainty anymore without becoming mentally ill

Piss off anonymous troll, I don't even have a restraining order

How can i go meet her? I'm not allowed!

Go and meet her in person!

Bribing her with a ring is not a good idea' she either wants you or does not want you.  You must accept that.  A ring will make no difference long term.

• There isn't any uncertainty, except in your mind.  It has been months since she has communicated with you.  She has ended it and moved on.  You need to accept that.

• g

You "can" do a lot of things. Should you? No. I suspect you've already left plenty of messages by now.

An apology doesn't require a response. She would and could have contacted you if she wanted. For whatever reason she has not and you have to accept that. You need to find some self control and stop this nonsense.

Leave her alone and seek counseling. Really. You need help.

First of all, ignore anonymous. Some of them are really helpful, but most of them (and most members on here in general actually!) are very negative and like to bring people down. There's a lot of level 7s who always make out like what they say is for definite. In truth, they just want to make people feel bad to make themselves feel good. Honestly just take no notice! 

I'm sorry she hasn't been talking to you! I believe if you had valid reasons to behave the way you did, you should let her know. I believe if you feel anxious or uncertain, you should let her know. No one can ignore someone forever, most people who do, as soon as they realise how much it is affecting the other person, if they are a nice person, will stop. My dad was giving me the silent treatment last year. It only stopped when he overheard me telling my mum how he was making me feel. So for sure, if not hearing from her/not knowing if she saw your apology etc. is affecting your mental health, don't waste anymore time! Tell her! I think your voice message is good, and definitely gets across your feelings. She might reply to it with a voice message of her own, or she might ring you up first! Whatever it was that made her stop talking, I would say it is highly unlikely she doesn't give a **** about you at all anymore. Does she still read your texts etc.? If yes, she definitely still cares! Possibly she doesn't know how to reply to your apology if its a long one! Let her know honestly and truthfully, how she is making you feel. If she ignores your first phone call, I agree with girly that you should send her a second voice message. Stop at 2 though, don't do anymore than that! 2 voice messages and 2 phone calls, if she doesn't respond to any of them, should make you realise she doesn't care at all. If you still want to send her a christmas greeting or something though, you can! 

You would be violating the terms of the retraining order.

You can, but be prepared for the possibility of having to send a second one if you really want her back in your life. I believe anything and everything can be sorted with effort, but if the other person is not willing to listen, its not that easy! I would suggest adding that you feel upset when she ignores you, and that it is very hurtful. Be careful not to sound like you are guilt tripping her though. And only ring once, if she doesn't pick up just leave it a bit. Also don't get so het up that she hasn't replied to your apology. There's millions of reasons why she hasn't done that, not necessarily negative ones! 

If she used to care about you, she really should pick up! Unless you've been really nasty to her, you deserve to tell her how you feel. If she doesn't pick up leave it a few more months, then send a second voice message saying what you would have said if she had answered the phone. Maybe something along the lines of "I feel like you'll never speak to me again and its really hurting me. Its upsetting to feel like you don't even like me anymore" 

I would say after 2 phone calls and 2 voice messages, if nothing has changed you are well rid! Its more about her than you. Don't keep chasing someone that doesn't give a **** about you. Realise she is bad for you, and that you dodged a bullet. Only a cold hearted ***** would repeatedly ignore a person who is trying to express their feelings. Good luck, I hope the first phone call works! :)