Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

When do I start bringing a new kitten into my room?

We recently got a new cat, she’s currently 7 weeks old and my family is okay with me having her in my room at night except my room is not connected to the house so she will be living in “two different places”, i decided to let her get used to the house first as when/if i go away that’s where she will be. but when is a good time to start introducing her to my room and how? do i bring her in for a few hours everyday after a certain amount of time or should i start now? or go straight for the overnight stay? (i still have to get my in room supplies for her so i can’t start like tomorrow obviously). i was thinking after a week to start slowly introducing her to my room but i thought to seek other opinions as well as i’m not an expert on cats 

• CB

Give the kitten a week or two to get used to the house the litter box location - make sure she is using the box consistently before moving her for an overnight  - I would suggest moving the litter box to your room too for the overnight and eventually introduce her to a new box in the home. Couple hours at a time them back to home to start - don't confuse her by rushing - but all cats are different, some very adaptable others not so much. Play it by ear, peed on pillows are no fun...

Bring her there for playtime.  

• TK

She needs a litterpan, fresh water and some cat food available before you can keep her more than a couple hours in your room.  Once you're set up, she can stay there overnight. 

I asked Mr. Kitty about that. He doesn't see a problem. Kitties know where they live. Just pick up Ms. Kitty & take her into your room. The End.