Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

Why do I get constipated when I eat spinach or kale?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

I don't think it's caused by spinach or kale. Perhaps there is another reason that you haven't accounted for?

• 1 month ago

Have you thought about asking a doctor?

• 1 month ago

Rich greens like Kale do the opposite. Dark greens are high in fiber, digestive enzymes, phytochemicals and nutrients. Which means they actually help you to poop.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Ask your doctor, this isn't the health section and there are no gastrointestinal doctors here and if there would they would need to do tests.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If they don't agree with you, don't eat them.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not enough to work.  Add some dried prunes and see if that works.  You might also try a restart by taking a dose of milk of magnesia.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Maybe your diet isnt use to it and takes time to get use to diet changes. Mix it up with other food to. And be sure to eat enough fiber with every meal mixed in. Or else yeah it will cause blockeges.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I do not know about Kale, but spinach has a lot of oxalate, which is why it is not recommended for people that have calcium or iron deficiencies. otherwise since both are difficult to digest and bacteria further down in the intestines' have more material to work on and increase in population.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.