Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Should I unfriend him?

My friend that’s a guy used me for money a year ago. I told him I didn’t like being taken advantage of, he never apologized. He doesn’t ask me for money anymore. Should I stop being friends with him because he would do this to me? I love him very much and we are close. Is this the right decision? 

Just don't let him have any money in future.  You like him and enjoy his company.  The subject hasn't been discussed since you told him off but it sounds like he learned his lesson even if he didn't apologise.  Too late for getting an apology now because you've continued the friendship despite this.  If he ever asks you for money again just say 'No my friend.  I'll never get it back off you will I.'  That's all.

A good friend would pay the other one back. He sounds unreliable. As the other comment said you should have ended to make them realise what they did has consequences. I couldn't live with owing someone. How does the relationship even work? 

No. The time to terminate his friendship was a year ago when it happened. Doing it now makes no sense.