Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

chris asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Is sugar bad for cats.?

• ?

It's bad for any living creature. When did your cat ask for it?

yes it is......................

• ?

Can Cats Digest Sugar? Sugar isn't toxic to cats. However, it's not very good for them. Cats are obligate carnivores, which means they must eat meat rather than plant material.

Well it isn't really healthy. I personally give my cat turkey slices and greenies snacks. He goes crazy over them

All feline species, not just house cats, lost the genetic ability to taste sweet eons ago, so giving them sugar is not only pointless, but mildly harmful.

In very small amounts it can be okay, but while it won't kill them it's not generally good.

cats won't eat sweets.  some might eat fruit.

It's not terrible. It breaks down into glucose, which cats can use, and fructose, which I'm assuming passes through and becomes waste. It's not something I would ever feed a cat, though. Especially because it is terrible for teeth.