Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Did i cheat on my boyfriend?

I was at this uni party. I got really drunk and went to the bathroom alone. When i got back i sat next to some random guy I literally spoke 2 words with(they all know i have a boyfriend and that i live with him.) Out of nowhere he started kissing me and it lasted for 3 seconds. I pushed him of me but he kept leaning in, i pushed him again and ran away. He kept following me all night but nothing else happened. Did i cheat on my boyfriend? I feel so guilty. I would never kiss someone besides him, especially not someone like this guy i dont even know him. 

Honey that is sexual assault and not your fault. Tell your boyfriend and make a police report. Tell him exactly what happened and if you need to cry then cry don't feel bad for making him sad you need him 

• ?

No this was NOT your fault. You should tell your boyfriend about this and file a police report. It is obvious that you have a boyfriend, you did not want to be kissed, and then he proceeded to follow you around. Kissing you against your will and wishes is assault or battery (depending on your laws) and could even be sexual. You pushed him back and he kept trying. I am sorry that happened to you and no that is not cheating because you got away from him

i would stop drinking

• ?

doesn't sound like it from what you're explaining. 

I don't think you cheated because you actively expressed that you didn't want it and he came onto you. That's not cheating. Reacting to the situation is fine if it gone on longer then it could be classed as so. But if what you say is the full truth then you definitely didn't cheat.

• ?

No, you did not chest.....that guy tried to make you chest....not the same thing.

But, deal with that drinking or it may go further another time

• Audrey

No. Just write it off as a bad mistake and keep it to yourself.  BUT, in the future, watch how much you drink!

No because he kissed you and you pushed him off. All you have to do is tell your bf what happened and i promise you if he's a good bf he'll understand it's not your fault and that you ran away from the other guy.

You're responsible for what YOU do, not what others do. 

This guy kissed you. You didn't kiss him back. Instead you acted forcefully to avoid the kiss. 

If your BF is giving you a hard time about this then your BF is looking for excuses to give you a hard time. Reconsider whether this particular BF may be more trouble than he's worth. You have enough hard times in your life without trying to have a relationship with someone who is eager to pile more hard times on you. 

No you didn't cheat at all.  Why are you so insecure about telling your b/f about this creep (although you don't need to as nothing happened) molesting you at the party?  WHY should you feel guilty about something someone else did?  It's like a mugging victim blaming herself for being the victim of something criminal over which she had no control.  You took control and shunned the guy.  You did nothing wrong at all.