Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Please help me interpret this - I have Aspergers and struggle to do so myself?

Hi everyone,

I just please wanted to ask for some help in interpreting this particular response to one of my messages. 

I think the tone of the message (below) sounds angry at me, and that this person hates me now. 

I posted to someone who I once knew from school that I was lonely at uni and that I had no friends and that people were calling me names. I felt very down and under pressure at Uni when I did, and think that this person is angry at me now. Do you think this is good advice to what I posted, or do you think this person hates me? He responded:

'First of all you need to chill. You are not a retard. The dictionary definition does not apply to you because you are social and you know how to interact with people. Only you can change your loneliness. Throw caution to the wind. Join a club/society. Ignore those who insult you - you have dealt with worse at school. If you think you have no friends then you are wrong. Look up the definition of friend in a dictionary and apply it to people you know. It's not all about uni work. You need to put yourself out there and friends will come your way.'

Do you think that this is good advice, or do you think that the person who wrote it now hates me and is angry at me? Is this person my friend or have I made them angry at me?

Thank you all so much for any advice.

• Alan H

That sounds a very positive response, not at all angry.   Follow the advice.   Join the Uni Christian Fellowship.Chess Club, Debating Society or whatever

Reported for SPAMMING.... again

See a psychiatrist about your OCD.

• Bandz

They’re not mad, they’re empathizing with you and feel bad that you feel the way that you do. But now they’ve given you some advice. If you don’t take it and just continue to complain to them, they might not hate you, but they’ll almost certainly be frustrated.