Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

How come my friends think that I'm delusional for being heartbroken over my crush getting engaged ?

So I'm friends with this girl who is an part time singer. I know her on a personal level and I've seen her at concerts. I've met her and talked with her in person. I recently heard that she got engaged and I've been very heartbroken since then. I tried talking to people and they all think that I'm delusional and immature. They told me that it is abnormal for a 30 year old guy to be infatuated or have a crush on an singer. They told me to grow up and they won't even give me any sympathy. I'm just really heartbroken and upset at how my friends aren't even being sympathetic when I'm extremely down. They don't seem to understand that it is devastating when someone that you love is getting married. Why does my friend think that I'm delusional for loving her ?? How can I explain to them that I really do know her on a personal level ??

Even if she was your closest friend it would be outside the range of a normal emotional response to be this broken up over her moving on with her partner and her life. There's a fine line between appreciation and obsession and unfortunately you've stepped over it. 

• Alan H

It may well be irrational.  But feelings often are: they are no less real.      Your day will come

Now is not always 

• T J

You need to get some professional help.

Blah, blah, blah.

Whine, whine, whine.

You didn't "know this woman on a personal level" that is a delusion just like your fantasy of what a bad azz you are.

You didn't have a "relationship with her".  She saw you as a fan nothing more.

And if this is the "singer" who filed a restraining order against you, you are not only delusional you're deranged.

You've really got to get a grip on reality and stop with spam and trolls, jacob.