Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Computers & InternetHardwareMonitors · 2 months ago

How can I connect 3-4 monitors to my computer?

I have an intel b250 chipset which allows for 3 monitors to be connected but there are only 2 ports for monitors,hdi and vga.

Those are filled.If I get a graphics card that supports 4 monitors will it overide the 3 max monitor capacity of my motherboard?Also,I want to be working in extend or view wall mode,not mirror mode,for the use of trading stocks etc.

I don't have  a usb-c port to use those fancy adaptors that take the place of a graphics card.

If I want to use 3 displays for the meantime and I get a 1:2 splitter,will it render the unnocupied slot dead or will I then be able to connect all 3 montors?

Also,can you help me find the best and cheapest way to do these things because I have been searching for countless hours.

Thanks

Yes, you would need a GPU with 4 ports, some combination of HDMI and DisplayPorts for example the MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  which has 3x DisplayPorts and 1 HDMI port