Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 7
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Texas Governor Greg Abbott lifted the mask mandate and announced that all businesses can reopen at 100%. Good idea or too soon?

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/03/0...

AUSTIN — Texans will no longer be required to wear a face mask in public, and all businesses will be able open at full capacity starting next week, Gov. Greg Abbott announced Tuesday.

126 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

This is how it's done in Texas.  Every man\women for themselves, which apparently also applies to your electricity too.   

• bluto
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Sooooo.....

They opened too early in 2020 and became a hotspot for covid, 

New York opened slowly allowing businesses to open but keeping mask mandates and social distancing guidelines and for months before the holidays and people got stupid New York had a % of positive cases under 1%.

Anyone see a trend?

Morons ditch masks and ignore social distancing = covid spike then lockdown.

Follow social distancing and masks = no covid spike and no lockdown.

• 1 month ago

I think the entire state should be quarantined from the rest of the world until the results of his risky experiment are determined.  If he is right it is great news. If he is wrong the results are disastrous.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I say move the wall from the border. Put it around Texas and Mississippi. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • JSC
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

It's definitely too soon, we've been around this same block before. They must have amnesia! Not everyone is insane though, many still want to slowly open, however, I think the bad apples will spoil it for the whole bunch in the long run. It's politics as usually, doing the opposite of what the other party says. Politics is like rebellious teenagers. 

• 1 month ago

He lifted the mask mandate on his state. but the local governments can still decide to have the mask mandate and also texas is huge. If you want to wear a mask, wear a mask, if you want to stay home, stay home.   if restaurants or other businesses require mask, then patrons wears mask. therefore  he's giving the responsibility back to the people. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It would be a good idea, but right now, it is too soon.  

• Duck
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Way too soon.  I'm starting to think that the social darwinists iin the Republican party like this disease, because it kills poor people.

• 1 month ago

Nice to see real Americans making grown up choices

Meanwhile the Neanderthal Joe Biden and his Nazi squad are keeping kids in cages and sexually harassing woman, now who is the ones hurting society I ask you?

Now the liberals chime in but, uh, but, uh, buy , uh, baby murder uh ORANGE MAN BAD

Come up with something new you left wing fascists

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think it's too soon. He's trying to deflect attention from the power outage debacle.

• 1 month ago

GREAT IDEA !  With news reports two weeks ago revealing the results of a study of New York, California, and Florida infection and death rates showing virtually no differences between the rates of the three states, it's worth noting that CA & NY have high restrictions, while Florida is simply open for business. Masks and distancing apparently work as well as herd immunity. THANK YOU Governor Abbott for the courage to make a bold and decisive stand! 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.