Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Was my childhood friend jealous?

I was always a nice kid in school now I am 26 years old and I work two jobs, a brand ambassador and trying to start a business. My childhood friend has three kids by three different men and she never congratulated me on anything always talking down on me saying she could do better. When I turned 12 I had gotten a Baby Phat coat (2006) her parents were in prison and she struggled. She said “You think you cute with that coat” and rolled her eyes. She teased my skin condition and laughed when other kids teased me. I stood up for her her when they talked about her dingy clothes and her all white shoes that were no longer white. She gets mad when I come to school with something new and then lied and says she’s getting something better than make up an excuse for not having it later on. 

Envious and very insecure. Your childhood friend is a person whose life was off track very early and sadly sometimes people in that position lash out at others. 

• ?

You need to make allowances for her background. Be supportive rather than critical.

Why does it matter so much to you? Shouldn't you be working on your English language skills so that you don't write like an 8th grader?

• Kia

You're 26. Get over it. You've got bigger issues to deal with, care about... bigger and different goals and life plans. You're exerting your energy in the wrong place, i.e. in the past.