Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
pls help with physics?
A 9kg bowling ball is dropped from a height of 38m.
1. What is the total work done on the ball (assume no air resistance)
2. What is the gravitational potential energy of the ball?
3. How much kinetic energy does the ball have right before it lands?
- NCSLv 71 month ago
2. GPE = mgh = 9kg * 9.8m/s² * 38m = 3352 J
3. GPE → KE and so KE = 3352 J
1. total work = change in KE = 3352 J
One could argue for rounding to 1 significant digit. If you find this helpful, please select Favorite Answer!