Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

If I purchase an adult toy on Spencer's Gifts online, will my debit/credit card show what I bought?

Hi, due to overbearing parents, my card purchases are checked on weekly (despite me being 18). I want to buy a couple things from Spencer's Gifts, and one item I want to buy is an adult item. They do not allow me access to the actual card statements, so I have no idea if it will be possible for them to see the individual items I bought. Any help is greatly appreciated ^~^

• kswck2

It will only list Where the purchase was made, not the items. 

No. Store receipts show items purchased. Statements show only the name of the merchant, the date, city and amount of purchase.

• ?

it should only show the amount and the companies name  only , not the item you bought and spencer can be named the store but its trading under the proprietors name only , it could be a franchise ..

• ?

Nom it will just show the merchant.  Is this your card in your name?  They cannot deny you access to the statements.  They cannot open your mail legally even.  

If they are reviewing your account statements they may or may not show exactly what it was you bought--but my first question is WHY are you letting them review your account statements?  You're a legal ADULT.  Those are YOUR business, not theirs. I don't care if you live in their house or not--it's none of their business. NONE.  You really ought to put your foot down and insist they stop. 

They don't "allow" you access?  How are they keeping that from you?  Only with your cooperation. As a  legal adult, you have a perfect right to keep everything private. I would suggest you start. 

The account statements show the name of the merchant, the amount you spent, and the date, but they don't show what you bought.

it might not, it might just say spencers gifts

The statement your parents receive will just have the name of the merchant and the amount spent.  However, if they question the charge, they can request a copy of the merchant's receipt and it would itemize your purchases.

They will not see an itemized invoice or receipt.  

I

• fcas80

No, the statement shows the merchant, not the specific items bought.