Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

what do you think about people who work for?

People who work at their parents company.   For example, a son of a father who owns a law firm.    The son for his dads as a vice president of the company.   What do you think about the son?

Update:

how does the son feel working for his own parents instead of working for a company?   if he is getting a high position like a Director from his parents, what do you think about this matter?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

yes you have a job , doesnt care if the managers are relatives , only care about my job . wouldnt you do the same ..

• 1 month ago

i think about people the will better works if you leasing.

• 1 month ago

That is as old as humanity.  If the son or daughter work and learn the family business then good for them.  If he is working for his parents he is still working for a company. That's part of the American dream. 

Don't be jealous, nothing in the USA stops you from starting a company and offering your kids a chance to work with you and learn the business.

I think good for the son and good for Mom and Dad.

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

yes you have a job , doesnt care if the managers are relatives , only care about my job . wouldnt you do the same ..

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

most good sized companies have family working there, if they are a good company to work for, you probably wont know who the family is as its not an important thing to have to know. if its a crap company to work for, you probably know who the family is and they run it like insider trading.  if the kids/family are idiots, the company will crash and burn and its entirely the patriarch's fault for spending more time raising the company than he did his kids. ive worked in both types and it really makes a difference, its usually the spoiled kids flaunting their relations that ruin it all, they either dont do any work and party away all the family profits, and/or they have no idea what they are doing and still ruin the biz.  if its a good biz, the kids/family will just be doing their jobs as they need to be done and not say anything about being part of the family.

if you are suggesting family members shouldnt have such opportunities, dont have kids cuz you will have to feed, clothe and house them and that wouldnt be fair to all the homeless street kids who dont have that opportunity also, now would it?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i dont see anything wrong with it

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

not my business.....................

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I work for my son.  What do you think about that?

Honestly, i don't sit around and think about people who work in a family business.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I suspect the son can read and write in English -

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There's nothing wrong with it. Yeah, it could be viewed as nepotism in some cases, but really, there's nothing wrong with parents wanting to pass an established business to their children when they retire.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.