Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Sending this to my ex friend who ghosted me can i have honest opinion please?

So basically this friend and me used to get on like a house on fire, but then they ghosted me after a silly mistake i didn't realise i'd made at the time. I didn't realise they'd ghosted me and tried in vain to get hold of them for months. I apologised after finally realising what went wrong but still no reply. But this person means a lot to me, and I never realised til lately how much I want them in my life. I'm looking for some honest opinions on sending this, and just wanna know does it sound clingy, demanding or selfish? Do you think it will have the desired effect? If you don't like it how can i make it better? No trolls please thank you :)

"Just wanted to say I really am sorry once again, for the way I behaved. I think I would appreciate a reply to put my mind at rest but I understand if you're not ready to accept yet. I'm just worried you'll never speak to me again or don't like me anymore. Grief made me mess up but it would mean so much to me if you could give me a chance to show you it really was a mistake and that I'm still the same as I was when we first met. Please, I'm asking from the bottom of my heart? I'd like to add you on snapchat if you have it, and give you a quick ring in a few months. It would mean a lot to me if I could speak to you about this. Thank you" 

Months since they talked, but weeks since i apologised 

• ?

Why do you have to apologize all over again?  I wouldn't do it. If someone can't accept my apology the first time, i just won't bother with them anymore.  

Make new friends who have thicker skin

You say it's been months? Isn't that your reply? This person does not want you in their life. You need to accept that.

Learn from this experience that friendships can be fragile. Take care of the friends you already have. Never speak badly of the friend you lost. You never know if some day things will turn around. You've done your part, now it's the other person's turn.

If you're the same member who has posted before about a friend who ghosted you in a time of need cos you were texting her too much, then you have absolutely FUCKK ALL to apologise for. This is not your problem, it's hers. Your friend is tapped. She's honestly not all together there. All it would have took is one text, just one "are you ok? You're texting more than usual" but nope! She kept you on read for months. Why do you want her back?! If she can't support you in a time of need, she's no friend of yours at all. And if she can't overlook her feelings and just think about how you felt, you're better off without her. I don't understand why you keep chasing a girl like this. Honestly I don't! You didn't even do anything wrong in the first place and you're just showing her you're a doormat she can walk all over. She will take advantage of you again and again. Can't you see that?! Rant over! 

Now to answer your question. I would strongly recommend sending that as a audio message! She doesn't know what you will say, so she will probably listen to it right til the end. I don't think it's clingy, selfish or demanding. I think it should click in her head how she has made you feel! It would be very strange if she couldn't understand or reply or something, cos she actually used to like you. I think your worries are reasonable ones. Since she hasn't talked to you for months, it's unsurprising the way you feel about that. I'd say it's highly unlikely she'll ignore you forever, but i do understand why you feel like that. I do think you're overthinking a bit, but again I do understand why you would.

Yeah that's good :) definitely seems honest, but you do seem to be begging which is not a good look! :/ though if this person really has made you feel like this it's not really a surprise! It sounds to me like you have a really shitty friend on your hands, I mean wtf did you do that was so bad that they never once questioned why you kept trying to get hold of them? You shouldn't have to apologise for trying to get hold of a friend. Before you send this, you should ask yourself if this person is worth all this effort cos you know what i don't think they are at all. Seriously if they can't be there for you in a time of need then do you really need them in your life?

The text is very much I need this, I need this. If they're not in a good place with you they might think well given what happened (Obvious us on yahoo answers don't know the reason) might think they don't owe you even that.

Them texting back would open the door to a future friendship and they may not want that. I would also consider leaving out the snapchat part. What if they don't want to add you to somewhere that could be to personal. I would leave it to them to decide how and where they reply if they do.

Sadly whilst you need closure and to be given approval for what you've done they may have decided that they can't face whatever it is again. Might just have to let this one go and try and move on.

Hard to say when you ain’t explained at all what you did wrong in the first place