Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Asep
Asep asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Can you refuse getting into an ambulance?

Even if it’s an emergency like a broken bone, can you refuse getting into an ambulance?

Yes. I refused an ambulance after a car hit me on my bike I couldn't afford the the 

ambulance ride. The thing that ticked me off is I still got charged by the hospital 

for a neck brace I didn't need $500 and the total bill for that idiot female driver which 

I had to pay because she didn't have insurance was $6,000. 

With an ambulance bill it would of left me in further debt. 

• Audrey

You can, but a lot of the time you will get charged for the call out anyway, might as well take the ambulance. Ask them.

• ?

Yes -- but then they might consider that you're not making rational decisions because of the accident ,or that you have a mental health issue .

At that point , your options may diminish rapidly .

.

An ambulance is not free, if you are not covered for ambulance on your insurance or if you dont have insurance that ambulance may drive you to your financial ruin. If your injury is not life threatening and you dont have blood spurting out of an artery then just consider taking a cab, it may take a few minutes more to get you to the emergency department but at least you know you wont be still paying for it in 10 years.

• Rick B

Of course you can.  Unless you are a threat to yourself or others.

Yes...............