Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

If Christianity is about peace and contentment, then why are televangelists billionaires who are constantly begging the poor to send them $?

The Virgin Mary is Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage.  It is good to recite rosaries, novenas, consecrations, litanies and other prayers in her honor, and to propagate her rosary.  Mary aids in their necessities those who propagate her rosary. Mary grants her special protection and the greatest graces to those who recite the rosary every day with care and sincerity.

So they can be content and remain at peace with themselves, of course!

• Joe

False assumption that televangelists are Christians or are teaching the truth of God.  False teachers do not nullify the truth of God.

This question is difficult for me to answer because I am Catholic.  

I know that when I donate money at this church it goes to help all in need and Catholic Charities helps those who apply regardless of whatever faith they are if there is a genuine need. 

• Alan H

Christianity is about a living relationship with God through Jesus.    Why send those televangelists money?   I don’t and I am a Christian 

• Nous

Easy money from the gullible!!!!!!!!!

• ?

NO!

Is what you said totally false?

Tell me how much do you sell your lies by the pound?

Protestant churches have the freedom to help churches with their tithe from the free offerings of believers.

Then, there is 8/10x 1000, for tax returns, those who work will contribute this amount, again in freedom.

So, it is NOT true that you billionaires, and then, you help the poor in the possibility of the income. 

Peace and contentment??  Christianity is about loving others.

• ?

The advertising slogans and the reality are two different things.  That "peace and contentment" isn't real, it's just a story Christians tell about themselves partly to brag and partly to draw others in. Same with the "loving others" claim - they just pretend that their hate is really love.

• ArsosA

I want all religion to be gone.