Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 1 month ago

I am the owner of a small business in my hometown selling stationery items. What is my occupation?

Am I an entrepreneur, small business owner, or businessman? What is the most accurate term to refer to myself?

• denise

A stationery supplier [small business owner].

If you conceived of, saved up for and then opened the stationary shop all by yourself in the past 3 years you are an Entrepreneur, a small business owner, and , if you prefer the male pronouns, you are ALSO a business man.

If you have had the shop for over 5 years you are no longer an Entrepreneur but you are still the other two.

AND if you can keep a stationary shop open these days...you are a freaking GENIUS and should be working for one of the large corporations.

You are essentially unemployed as I can't imagine you make a living selling stationary items.

A "stationer" would be the most precise term in my opinion.

Small business owner works for me, as does businessman (assuming you are male, of course).

I think of an entrepreneur as someone starting a new business, often something innovative.  You can decide whether that applies or not.