Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

What other benefits do you get from being vegan or vegetarian other than saving animal lives?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c_RUKQrmtc

I encourage everyone to be Vegetarian or Vegan. It saves your life!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Listen to the scientists!! Rearing animals for food is by FAR the most destructive activity for the planet (not that it isn't obvious!). There are many other benefits, but you have to look for them and recognise them. 

• 1 month ago

Not much. Eating small amounts makes sure that you get a complete set of amino acids.

But I agree eating too much red meat is bad. Eating fish is great. This is nigh in Omega3 fatty acids.

Source(s): Non red meat eater. And
  • Archer
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They actually don't save animals for more eat meat than are vegans.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There are none. This, what's being promoted in the question, is nothing but pure propaganda. Meat doesn't kill people. Everybody is going to die one day, regardless of whether or not they eat meat. If someone claimed that so-called breatharianism saved people's lives, I would call them a bold-faced liar. There's no such thing as breatharianism in practice. In reality, it is starvation. And there's rumors that there's documented cases in which people have died because of going "breatharian". Veganism may not be quite as bad as breatharianism, but veganism is still pretty bad.

The best diet is a normal, omnivorous diet which includes the following:

2 to 3 servings per day of milk and dairy

2 to 3 servings per day of meat, poultry, fish, dry beans, eggs, and nuts

3 to 5 servings per day of vegetables

2 to 4 servings per day of fruit

6 to 11 servings per day of bread, cereal, rice, and pasta

According to the Bible, those who command people to abstain from eating meat have given heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. They speak lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron. Don't just take my word for it. Get a King James Bible, and read 1 Timothy 4:1-6. Also read Romans Chapter 14 (whole chapter).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The ability to be Smug in your own choices that no one else cares about. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Their are no diets that “save animals” - it's years since I heard any of the idiot kids that

used to post here trotting that one out!

The only advantage to a vegan or vegetarian diet is that you follow the diet that YOU (for whatever reasons) you want to follow.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.