Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in SportsCycling · 1 month ago

I am 5 ft 9 inches can I buy a 21 inches frame mountain bicycle?

e

TOO BIG. (A 32" inseam is usually a 19” LARGE-size bike.) Can't touch ground nor track handlebars from seat.

if done growing = Medium bike frame.

Still growing = maybe, but wait.

Full suspension = 650 medium -or- 29/700 small/medium

• F

It will be way too big. I’m 6’2 and have a 22in frame.

I’m 5’11” with a 32” inseam and I couldn’t ride my 21” Stumpjumper...

• pmt853

Can you? If you have the money and the shops have such a bike then you can buy it. Should you buy it would be a better question. You need to test ride it to see if it fits your particular body dimensions and riding position.My guess would be that the frame would probably be too big for you.

You will need at least a 7 inch penis to be allowed to purchase this bicycle.

Can you buy one? 🤔  Sure...if you have the 💲💲💲.  Can you ride it comfortably?  Chances are slim & none.  A better fit would be around a 17" or 18" frame size.  Maybe...big maybe - a 19". https://www.evanscycles.com/help/bike-sizing-mount... 

TRY before you BUY!  No test ride = NO $ALE.    

That is not the recommended frame size for your height. It is recommended only for people over 6 ft. If you are shopping for a road bike a 21 inch  or 22 inch frame would be a good fit. For a person who is 5 ft. 9, a mountain bike with an 18 inch frame is recommended. The reason why mountain bikes come with smaller size frames is because off the road, the terrain can be rough and uneven. if you need to hop off the bike in an emergency, the smaller frame means it is less likely that your crotch will hit the top tube of the bike. Further, many modern bikes have sloping top tubes, and since the frame size is measured from the middle of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube, it means a 21 inch modern mountain bike is actually even larger than an older mountain bike with a horizontal top tube. Few manufacturers would make a bike that big, because there is little market demand for it. Many tall people actually have to buy a bike that has a custom built frame for them to fit. 

Yes, if you have the money.