Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Why are Dr. SUESS books taking up 9 of the 10 bestselling spots on Amazon bestseller list, as of Thursday morning?

I thought Suess was Cancelled......

Update:

Anonymous- why so triggered by an innocent question? D7ckhead...

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

1.  To buy existing inventory while still available.  

2.   Because it’s in the news -name recognition 

3.   I’m sure some people are buying Seuss books in protest of cancel culture.  

#3 is what we need more of. We shouldn’t let SJWs dictate what toys and books we can and can’t buy.   Buy old potato head, let the new PC potato head sit on the shelf.   Let the “canceled” Seuss books become expensive and treasured out of print books, etc.    

Source(s): Cancel, cancel culture.
  • bluto
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Panic buying by stupid people who think all dr Seuss is cancelled.

If dr Seuss cancelled one book a year then repackaged that book a year later for re release they would quadruple their revenues. (Keep doing other w all thier books).

Fun fact: this strategy worked with Disney films prior to streaming services.

• 1 month ago

1] Some want to get the books that are going out of print.

2] Some are afraid more Seuss books will be withdrawn from the market.

3] Some were reminded of their favorite Dr. Seuss books and want to buy them for themselves or the children in their lives.   

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

People are afraid that if they are banned and pulled off of the market, that they won’t be available.

• 1 month ago

It's not cancelled they have just stopped publishing new copies of some books. They aren't banned.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A handful of books will no longer be printed. That's it. The brand is not canceled. Whoever gave you that impression was not being fully truthful.

• JSC
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Dr. Seuss is not being cancelled, they stop 3 books because they felt they had racial content. Children don't think like adults, and thank God for that. It's called overreacting. I love Dr Seuss books, as a child, and for my children. I never had a bad thought, only happy. My children never did either. People judge to much these days and pass along judgement. Being perfect is overrated, and is a hard expectation to live up too. 

(Probably top sellers now because people want the books before they are totally band).

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Because many of them have suddenly become collectable.

• 1 month ago

Curiosity...................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.