Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Why is Covid racist and biased against minorities?

Quite simply, because the media is claiming that it is.

• GiGi

Because people with low vitamin D (the vitamin from the sun) levels have more health problems than those with normal vitamin D levels.  I know this from personal experience as I have olive skin.  

maybe it's just another liberal bleating of how the black minorities are hard done by a virus. 

A sickness isn’t capable of being racist nor biased. What you identity is both the legacy and current results of the biases of the social, political, economic, health, education, systems: institutional racism. 

I can’t speak for all minorities but there is a certain group of minorities that take absolutely no precautions when it comes to wearing mask or separating themselves. They deserve whatever they get.

It’s not.   

White culture has long had the largest sense of personal space of any race.   Hispanics in contrast like big families, big social events, etc.  Also, more minorities have pre existing conditions that put them more at risk.  

The virus isn’t racist, but the actions of people of different races can make them more or less susceptible.  

• Murzy

Minorities are not protecting themselves from each other.

It isn't.  That may be what left-wing propagandists have been telling you, but it simply is not supported by the data.  Overall, the death rates of the different demographics track to their percent of the population.

However, I do note that for Whites, it is older people who are most affected, while for Hispanics there is higher mortality for younger people.  I'm talking noticeable differences between % of population and % of deaths here.  For Blacks, there doesn't seem to be much difference for % of deaths and % of population in any age group.

I'm looking at the CDC data.

Apes dont need vaccines

Covid doesn't have the power to be racist. Now it can be certainly prejudice but not racist.