Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Do women live an easier life than men ? ?

Women do have some major advantages in this world that men don’t !

Update:

Only in USA I am talking about 

Update 2:

You touch a woman you go to jail 

Many judges ALWAYS give women benefits of the doubt 

Update 3:

Sex for example 

All a woman has to do is lay there while the guy has to work hard to keep it up 

Update 4:

Look at women prisons ,,,, so laid back then look T men’s prison ! It’s hell 

Update 5:

Society tends to punish men harder than women 

Update 6:

3 girls walk into a bar ! Oh they are just nice girls looking to unwind!

3 guys walk into a bar ! Oh here comes the pervs 

Update 7:

It’s expected of men to provide ... yet nothing is expected of women .

Update 8:

Society puts all the pressure on men to survive ... yet women just look for men to provide for her 

Update 9:

YEAH YEAH YEAH THEY GIVE BIRTH BLAH BLAH BLAH ... TRY HEMROIDS 

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Yes, once they get married its all downhill.

• 1 month ago

If a woman makes a complaint and it can be considered sexual harassment but when a man does it hes a snitch. Then yes there is definitely a problem there.

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

nope they still have social pressures , enough for he food , enough for the bills and enough for clothes !! still the same stress , its always been that way .

• 1 month ago

Maybe your a trans man.  Sounds like you would rather be a woman.  Everything you rant about here is from your perspective and your perspective is skewed, don't blame women because you come short of what you expect a man to be.  I'd like to see a man pregnant for 9 months and then giving birth and see if you come up with all of these demented statements.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • hi
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Elana..While I won't deny the struggles that women face in other nations , I think you are mistaken when you say "The majority of women have it worse than the majority of men on this planet"..I guarantee you that in those extremist nations , men are more likely to be murdered , beaten or kidnapped than women . 

Furthermore , poor women in those nations can always hope that some middle class  man will marry them and take care of them..Now, it would be laughable to think that the average poor man in those nations has any possibility of finding a middle class woman who will take care of him. 

• Elana
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

YOUNGER women IN THE WEST most certainly have easier lives than either their male counterparts or the Eastern counterparts.

I would remind you, however, that population wise, "the west" is a tiny minority of people in this world.

The majority of women have it worse than the majority of men on this planet.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be fighting discrimination against men in the West, it means we should be doing it context.

Affirmative actions, for instance, are truly a first-world problem.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You first wrote 'world' then updated to 'only USA'.

• 1 month ago

i dont think so

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It really depends on the individual, not the gender. Some men have an easy life and some women have an easy life. Some men have a hard life and some women have a hard life. 

Of course, there are basic societal expectations placed on each gender, but there are too many other factors involved in the ease or difficulty that any single individual faces to make any significant generalization. 

Even the examples you provide in your question are not ubiquitous, even in the US. For example, you say "you touch a woman, you go to jail." Well, this is not necessarily true. Some men are attractive to women and they flock to them. Other men are creepy to women and would be more likely to be rejected and reported because a woman is less likely to give them consent. Generally, the examples you give are pretty superficial. None of those things constitute "real struggle." By "real", I mean problems like homelessness, living off of welfare, lack of educational opportunities, risk of being a victim of violent crimes and sexual assault. Most of those things are class, rather than gender problems. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

depends on the person

• 1 month ago

I think it depends significantly on which country you live in.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.