Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Max asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

Boils On Chest After Switching To A Non Veg Diet?

After switching from a predominantly vegetarian diet to a predominantly non vegetarian diet, I've developed boils on my chest. This happened years ago and yes the boils appear to be permanent. 

I don't think its the meat, but maybe the preservatives or the fats? I cook barbeque sausages with corn oil. And I eat them daily. I'm guessing that's not healthy at all? Has this happened to anyone else? Are the boils because of toxicity in my diet?

Ask your doctor or nutritionist. You are allergic to something. 

That isn't because of switching to a non veg diet, that's run down, are you drinking? Not sleeping? Eating rubbish which could be vegetarian food or not?

• ?

Those boils are common cholesterol. One work colleague died from thus. Consult your GP.

Consult a doctor you frigging moron or quit trolling

• ?

Your sausages aren't the unhealthy thing unless they are loaded with sugar and fillers.  Corn oil is a refined oil and it's not good for you at all.  However, avocadoo, olive oil, coconut oil, lard and butter and good choices.  

Fst from meat isn't unhealthy.

Don't eat grains at all

I think it could be a result of losing the nutrients from the plant based diet coupled with adding the meat. It sounds like your body just isn't adjusting to losing the benefits of the nutrients it was getting. Maybe contact your doctor or dietician to see if that actually is the case. 

• kswck2

Dude...corn oil?  That stuff is really unhealthful.  Stay away from polyunsaturated oils.  Use butter (or better yet, ghee, which is clarified butter), use refined coconut oil, use olive oil.  Yes, the toxicity.  Start eating healthful fats, and I'm guessing the boils will go away.  The sausages, possibly also a problem especially if they're pork.  Good to stay away from processed meats if you want to be healthy.