Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 5
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Former Tea Party Congressman Joe Walsh agrees with AOC that the Trumpublican Party has “fascist tendencies.” Do you agree?

I agree. Trump and his following bears many similar earmarks of fascism:

- idolatry, devotion, and worship of one man through use of flags, statues, etc

- repetition of a Big Lie by idol to convince followers

- fascistic insurrection to impede or overturn democracy

- megalomania and malignant narcissist displayed by the idol in power

- strongman policies involving idol wanting to use the military to crush protestors 

- wanting ostentatious military parades in his honor similar to what we see in North Korea or the former Soviet Union

18 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Yes, I agree. Trump was showing Fascist tendencies in the 2016 campaign. And the signs were among some of the Republicans even before Trump came along. It only takes one person to whip up an already-angry bunch into a slavering pack of mutts. Look what's happening at the GOP now, there's a bunch of BSing demagogues like Josh Hawley and Lyin' Ted Cruz already maneuvering to take Trump's place as dictator.

• 1 month ago

Trying to get the CRIMINALS in DC to Follow the US Constitution Is not Fascist , bad , or Mean !....

Not putting up with Politicians who are Destroying the Constitution is not Fascist!

People trying to stop "THE COUP " that the DEM's China, and Iran committed against the "AMERICAN VOTERS" is Patriotic !

When the Status Quo and the Media tell the SHEEP that everything has been "Debunked" But NEVER show the Proof of said Debunking, and expect them to accept it without Question "IS" Fascist !!!....

https://rumble.com/vdlomr-unveiled-the-2020-electi...

https://hereistheevidence.com/

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

Yeah, I think the huge  NAZI SYMBOL stage they stood on, at  CPAC  was the first, last and only clue anyone needs. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Tea Party was the last of the Reagan Republicans like Joe Walsh.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No.  I do not agree.  AOC is an egotistical idiot thinking she can save the world with her Green Goop.  Was her father Al Gore?  How does taxation help save the world?  Maybe if we all return to riding horses these people will be happy.

• 1 month ago

i see the statue hating, book burning, Cancel Culture as  “fascist tendencies.”

• 1 month ago

I thought he played guitar for the Eagles.

Source(s): The Rocky Mountain Way.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nope. Anyone who knows what fascism is wouldn't agree to that. Fascism is basically a form of collectivism. Unlike communism, it emphasizes the need to put the nation before the individual whereas communism puts the individual before the nation. Trump is a typical capitalist who supports individualism, not collectivism. Joe Walsh is mad because republicans rejected him and he feels betrayed.

• 1 month ago

Yes...and they should have let Joe Walsh run for President.

A guy named after the Eagle's former guitarist HAS to be cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KKNsC9oHS4

• 1 month ago

At least the Republicans won't make taxpayers pay for free healthcare for illegals like you liberals are doing! Now Biden has put out the welcome mat for more illegals to invade our Country! 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.