Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How privileged is your life that you get upset and offend over Pronouns?

That's funny my entire life if you called a female mister when they didn't identify as male they'd throw a tantrum and start hitting you.

But if a biological female prefers to be called male you act as though pronouns don't matter.

If you were a man would you like being called a woman? Or vise versa? I somehow don't think you'd take that lightly, especially you being someone who is clearily the one offended by the Trans community here.

Btw, I've never actually see someome get upset, just correct them. 

Source(s): Logic

I've never once encountered a trans person who got upset or offended because I used the wrong pronoun.

Those who whine about pronouns and "trans privilege" are the ones who blow a fuse. Common courtesy is too much for their ego to handle.

I have no problem with pronouns and I will use whatever people want me to use. Its like their name and that's exactly what it replaces. If someone has a name that's hard to pronounce I wont call them something else. I will put in the effort to learn their name and pronounce it properly. If someone has a name I don't like I wont use a name I like. I don't get to pick a name for someone nor do I get to pick pronouns for them. 

• Craig

There have always been those who simply enjoy being able to point out that others aren't doing things "correctly".

I have a young transgender or gender-fluid acquaintance, and I address him/her/them as "you".  When we talk about third parties who are the same, I am open to whatever guidance I get regarding pronouns, and I try to remember to apply it - out of my regard for my acquaintance.  "They've" never gotten offended when I've failed to use the pronoun "they'd" prefer...and neither has "their" mother.

Personally, I make the effort because I like the kid and I like the kid's mother.  But that's my limit.  I'm not going to make the effort when talking about people I don't know, or when talking to "cis" people who are being offended on someone else's behalf.  Because while I'm moved by my affection for these two people, I'm not moved by fear of offending others.

I tend to respect peoples pronouns well to the best of my ability but yeah there are worse things going on in the world and being misgendered is not oppression

I don't get upset over pronouns. I learned to use them a long time back. I can use them in more than 1 language. I use the regular pronouns that our language has used for centuries. I don't conform to some of the ridiculous "new pronouns" that certain special interest groups are trying to insert into our language. I don't consider myself especially priveleged.