Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do women always have it easier than men of "equal value" when it comes to finding love?

Consider these people:

Short man vs short woman

shy man vs shy woman 

poor man vs poor woman 

foreign man vs foreign woman 

unfunny man vs unfunny woman 

unemployed man vs unemployed woman 

homeless man vs homeless woman 

drug addict man vs drug addict woman 

The way I personally see if , in every single one of those scenarios , the woman has it easier than her male counterpart when it comes to finding love ...

Can you think of a scenario where women might have it harder than a man of "equal value" when it comes to finding love ?

Thank you for your answers. Foofa,.... a man in his 40's is considered "sexy" as long as he makes good money... I have a hard time believing that a man in his 40's who is homeless and short would be considered "sexy" from women's viewpoint.  Anonymous.. I guess you're right... though I wanted you to mention things that people CAN'T control such as height or social skills... but yeah, it's strange how some women love promiscuous men.

• Archer

Seems one believes that their perspective needs validation by others who do not have "their" issues in life.

• ?

Short men have it harder than short women but homeless women have far rougher lives on the streets. Just in the numerous homeless encampments in my own city there are some dozen sexual assaults per week and most of the victims of these crimes are homeless women. In terms of "finding love", women are generally more interested in this than are men (whom in their early adult years are usually more motivated by sex than monogamy) so they tend to experience more disappointment in the dating world. But once a man and a woman of "equal value" reach about age 40 the man has a clear and decisive advantage as guys are allowed to still be sexy in middle age whereas women "hit the wall", or so some societies say.  

Equal value?  people aren't cattle. And love has nothing to do with finding someone of "equal value"  you have to grow up first child.

Yes I can. 

Promiscuous man vs promiscuous woman.

The woman would be rejected most of the time as potential wife and be labeled a whore yet the promiscuous manwhore would get women standing in line for him and beg him to marry them.