Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Left supermarket and realised my card had declined when I got home. What do I do? ?

Earlier today I went to my local supermarket

, had £30 of shopping at the self scan including alcohol, scanned it, showed my ID for proof of aged, bagged up. Went to pay and tapped my card and all seemed fine. I didn’t look at the screen but a receipt came up which I took but threw away. I then got home 30 mins later and saw a notification on my phone saying card declined, and realised the receipt must’ve been a decline receipt. What shall I do? I’ve looked online for the contact email but there is none. I’m worried that if I go back tomorrow they will not accept it as a mistake and I could get punished. Thanks 

• kswck2

The right thing to do is to go back to the store and pay for your groceries-especially if it is a 'regular store' you go to all the time. Then call the credit card company and ask why it was declined. 

Go into the supermarket, explain and pay. You won't be punished.

But they will know that the til you used doesn't balance and that no payment was received for your purchases. It's highly likely there are cameras too

Phone the store if you can. But if you go to the store and ask to see the manager I am sure it will be fine.

• Eva

They have you on camera. Call the store NOW and explain. Figure out why your card was declined, then have them run the transaction or tell them you will be there tomorrow to fix it.

• Tavy

Of course they will realise, you turned up with the receipt that is honest of you.

Go for it.

U.K.