Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Does anyone else miss the days before foreigners started using the internet?

You know what I mean. I remember in the early 2000s the web was used almost exclusively by America and western European countries. Now there's too much Indians and Chinese people on the web interfering in our politics and trying to dictate what's allowed online. Indians aren't so bad but the Chinese definitely are. They censor. I remember back in the early 2000s, YouTube was very Western and open. People spoke English and not bad English. 

Summertime, lol. Good one. You do know it was the USA and Europe that created the internet, right? But I will admit that once the Indians and Chinese learned about the internet, they did create many sites etc.

Well, one must admit that it's better than having them here making up reasons for asylum.

To the people in India and China, YOU are the foreigner, genius.

• Gloria

Nope. Today Youtube is mostly hateful conservative white trash that cannot actually prove a damn thing. I welcome everything above and beyond that.

I miss the 1980s and early 1990s, before AOL, when the only people using the internet were academics and the military.

• Steve

Oh, they were "webbing" then too. But, back when we were all using 28.8 Kbps or less, really couldn't reach out very easy. 

Makes for better communication I guess. I kind of think the Chinese were webbing before us, they pretty much made all this stuff.