Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

how to not care what local people think?

in essence, im a man in my 40s with mental health problems...when im in public i don't always get it right because i struggle with my composure, i can look agitated, annoyed, anxious, flustered/panicked, at any time.

and i get worried about what local people in the community think about me? do they think i'm a troubled loner man? somebody to avoid or poke fun at?

id hate to be thought of like that and i do care about people thinking that..

but how can i not care about it?

I'm kind of the same way, except apparently my energy is bigger than that as people walk away from me. I ignore it, can't help it anyway. 

You can always try controlling it but you'll get tired of it eventually