Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

What can cause my dry cough that last MONTHS?

Everyday I dry cough. I cough and cough until I gag to the point where I almost puke. This has been going on for MONTHS. I literally have a coughing attack and constantly cough until I gag. My throat starts to tickle and that's when my coughing attack starts. What could be the cause of it?

My daughter had a dry cough for years and finally it was figured out to be allergies.  

• ?

Cancer? Allergies? Low humidity?

Dehydration in my experience. Bronchitis is another possibility, 

especially if you smoke or are often in the presence of smokers.

bronchitits          

• .

Either a lasting infection or more than likely, allergies. If you've never had them before, they could start. I never had them as a kid and when I was about 23, I couldn't stop sneezing to save my life. I have year round, and when the seasons change, they get worse. You need to check with your doctor for sure, but post nasal drip could be causing the cough, and allergies could be causing the post nasal drip.